Shubhankar helps individuals and organizations grow and transform by developing inclusive systems. He coaches people to initiate and implement strategic initiatives. He is a seasoned professional who have worked for the World Bank, IFC, ADB, UNDP, UNCDF, UNICEF, IRRI, Swisscontact, Societe Generale, ANZ Grindlays, Indosuez, Credit Agricole, Novartis, IDLC to name a few.
Shubhankar is devout seeker of simplicity, and clarity in work. He is a glass half-full kind of a person and always seeing opportunities, rather than problems. He founded Shubhankar Consulting in 1999 just before entering into MBA Program.
He is a team person and believes that a well-organized and active team members make an organization happen. He is an avid advocate for social entrepreneurship and sits in the boards of non-profit organizations. He is a pro in pro bono activities and loves mentoring individuals and organizations
He holds MBA in Finance from IBA, Dhaka University with two bachelor credentials – one is BBA and the other is LL.B. alongside he is a fellow member (FCA) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB).
About three decades of diversified experience in the arena of accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, compliance, income tax, value added tax, project management, monitoring & evaluation, audit and assurance, due diligence, capacity assessment, capacity building, training, coaching, mentoring in all the sectors of economy including public, private and development sectors.
Manager,Corporate Finance and managed the corporate accounts
Treasury Manager, also deals with the resource management
Manager, – Staff Benefit Scheme Development and Executions
Manager, – HR Accounting and Staff Benevolent Fund Management
Manager, – Employees’ Trust Fund Management
The World Bank
Governance Specialist, and managed urban and local governance programs where the key roles were to design and execute the performance-based cash transfer and the managing the project management, assurance, financial and social audits.
IFC (International Finance Corporation)
Lead Facilitator, for Corporate Board Leadership Program for Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka
ADB (Asian Development Bank)
,Organizational and Financial Management Specialist
UNCDF (United Nations Capital Development Fund)
,Municipal Investment Specialist
UNDP (United Nations Development Program)
,Institutional and Financial Capacity Assessment Specialist
AnJ Apex in Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand
,As the leading role
, Finance & Compliance Manager
Notable Management Advisory and Consulting Services
Delivered Already with.
Lead Trainer for Health Leadership Trainings for 600 Public and Private Health Care Professionals including Doctors, Nurses and Administrative and Finance Professionals
- Trained about 600 Representatives from Dhaka and Project Areas of Sunamganj and Netrokona Districts
- Developed a Sustainable Business Plan for CARE - GSK Health Initiative
- Developed the Fundraising Strategy for CARE - GSK Health Initiative
- Organized the Event for Public-Private Partnership through Integrating the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Women & Children Affairs and Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development & Co-operative
- Conducted the Private Sector Assessment for CARE - GSK Health Initiative
- Organized the Event for Private Sector Engagement with CARE - GSK Health Initiative
Lead Sustainability Strategy and Training Specialist
- Trained about 300 Representatives from all over Bangladesh Developed a Sustainability Strategy Managed a department responsible for providing training and development solutions to all levels of the organization.
- Created a highly-skilled training department within three months through Training of Trainers (TOT).
- Established policies and procedures to ensure that training needs were met for a dynamic environment
- Developed an in-house "Trainer Certification Program" to ensure integrity and consistency in the delivery of training materials and of the corporate “brand” when utilizing internal or external train-the-trainer options
- Developed the organization’s first Stakeholders’ and Beneficiaries’ Care Training Manual and Leader's Guide to support distance-learning, resulting in a more than 100% decrease in travel time and expense
- Consistently received excellent feedback when measuring the transfer of training from the classroom to the job
- Created a “Knowledge Base” of training materials and resources to improve internal functioning, quality scores, and information sharing across all business units
- Developed a five-year sustainability strategy and policies and SOPS (standard operating procedures) for Financial Management, Accounting, Human Resources, Gender and Procurement.
Lead Trainer and Due Diligence Expert for PKSF and its 10 biggest partner NGOs and PSB and PKB Banks of Bangladesh
- Designing and developing the framework for organizational assessment of the clients of ADB and they are Expatriates’ Welfare Bank (Prabashi Kalyan Bank/PKB) and Rural Savings Bank (PSB);
- Assessing the status of financial & operational management and related issues of the clients of ADB to know their creditworthiness;
- Conducting due diligence exercises of the clients of ADB to assess whether they can be financed by the credit line of ADB;
- Trained more than 200 NGO Leaders represented from PKSF and its 10 partner NGOs
Lead Trainer on Project Management for Health, WASH and Humanitarian Professionals including Doctors, Nurses and Administrative and Finance Professionals
- Trained about 100 different professionals of DRC Bangladesh and majority of them are Health, WASH and General Humanitarian Professionals
- Developed the Comprehensive Training Materials for Project Management
- Organized the training event and conducted trainings for Project Management
Lead Trainer and Organizational Capacity Assessment Expert for seven City Corporation and six Municipalities of Bangladesh namely Dhaka North, Narayanganj, Chittagong, Rajshahi, Khulna, Sylhet and Mymensingh City Corporations and Chandpur, Kushtia, Faridpur, Bhramanbaria, Sirajganj, Patuakhali, Bangladesh
- Designed and developing budgets and preparing Capital Investment Plan (CIP) and financial planning process of municipalities;
- Assessed financial projection and debt carrying capacity of municipalities and capacity facilitation on CIP and financial projection for municipalities;
- Assessed the debt service capacity of the municipalities regarding revenue generating ability, particularly the taxation and various fees of the municipalities;
- Trained all the municipal staff including the elected representatives of 10 municipalities of Bangladesh on administrative and legal procedures, budgeting and scheme selection for service delivery of municipalities, financial planning, revue and financial management of municipalities
Lead Trainer, System and Capacity Development Expert for nine partner NGOs from Bangladesh located in Dhaka, Chittagong, Faridpur, Sirajganj, Shariatpur, Kishoreganj and Tangail, Bangladesh
- Developed the organizational structure of nine implementing partners of SUSFER Project financed by European Union, executed by IRRI through an in-depth study; conducted internal audit of all the nine implementing partners
- Train the respective staff of the nine implementing partners regarding organizational structure and financial reporting environment.
Lead Trainer for the Members of Board of Directors and Senior Management Team Members of the Banks including President, Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Finance Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Chief Internal Auditor etc., and the participants were from Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal representing the Central Banks, Nationalized and Private Banks
- Train the senior officials of different banks of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal on the aspects of Bank Board Leadership, Governance of Banking and Non-Banking Financial Institutions, Internal Auditing and Controls, Risk Management, Financing and Investment Procedures and others.
Articles & Publications.
“Village Phone: Expectation Vs. Execution”, The Journal of Social Studies, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Vol. 112 (October – December 2006)
Shubhankar Shil and Amlan J. Haque
“Information Search on Banking Products and Services” UDYOG PRAGATI: The Journal for Practicing Managers, Mumbai, India, Volume 31 No: 3 (July – September 2007)
Shubhankar Shil and Nadim Jahangir
“Examination of Profitability in the Context of Bangladesh Banking Industry”, ABAC (Assumption University) Journal (May – June, 2007), Bangkok, Thailand.
ShubhankarShil, Amaln J.Haque and Nadeem Jahangir
“Factors influencing Customers’ Willingness to Buy in the context of PC peripherals”, Journal of Behavioural Sciences, Official Journal of the Department of Applied Psychology, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan, Volume 18, November, 2008.
Shubhankar Shil, Nadim Jahangir and NoorjahanParvez
“An Inquiry into the credit rating agencies of Bangladesh”, Independent Business Review, Independent University Bangladesh
“Investors’ Confidence in Investment of Stock Exchanges Bangladesh”, Independent Business Review, Independent University Bangladesh
“Positive Accounting Practicers of Publicly Traded Companies of Bangladesh”, Independent Business Review, Independent University Bangladesh
Countries of Foreign Training: USA, UK, Switzerlnad, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, India and Others:
International Training Program on Leadership Development, organized by Improwise, UK
March 07-11, 2009
International Training Program on Case Writing on Microfinance, Organized by Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand,
August 20 - September 24, 2011;
International Training on Monitoring and Evaluation and Post Implementation Effectiveness Survey, Conducted by Ernst Young,
September 16- September 20, 2010
International Training Program on Governance, Accountability, and Transparency in Public Sector Project Implementation, Organized by The World Bank and participated as a stuff of the World Bank
Held in Hanoi, Vietnam during June 09-13, 2010
International Training on Procurement Management, held in Singapore, Organized by The World Bank, participated as a staff of the World Bank;
May 05-09, 2010,
International Training Program on Social Audit held at Kollam, Kerala, India,
June 17-22, 2009
Training Program on Fiscal Decentralization
February 03- April 17, 2009
Training on Local Government Finance,
During March 7 –May 24, 2008, participated as a staff of the World Bank;
Training on Public and Private Partnership in Public Sector Auditing in Action'
January 11-13, 2008, participated as a staff of the World Bank;
Training on Public Procurement Regulations,
October 14-15, 2007,
Training on Banking Operations Procedure, Asia Learning Centre, the World Bank South Asia and East Asia Regions, Bangkok, Thailand May
May 16 - 18, 2007
Orientation Training on the World Bank Asia Learning Centre, the World Bank South Asia and East Asia Regions, Bangkok, Thailand
May 14 - 15, 2007,
Training Program on Learning to Reaching, Conducted by Louisiana State University, Baton Rough, USA,
July 18 - 21, 2004;
Training on Internal Control Structure, organized and conducted Price Waterhouse, Zurich, Switzerland
January 16 - 23, 2003.
Interests & Probono.
Voluntary Teaching at Universities, mentoring young and mid-level Executives and Senior University Students regarding leadership development and career mapping, aptitude test preparation like GRE and GMAT (I scored 740/800 in GMAT with 98-percentile.